Upright Monuments Slant Monuments• Designed to stand straight up perpendicular to level ground.
• The engraved marker portion is known as a "die." Most are usually 6" or 8" thick.
• The horizontal portion is known as the base and is usually required.
• The larger size allows for more personalized expression and room for engraving.
• Scenic designs and the family name are popular additions on the back.
• Upright slant shape. The thickness identified during ordering is the thickness of the base.
• The top is usually 2 inches thick.
• The top can be flat, oval, or serpentine shaped.
• A standard 2 inch to 4 inch nosing is recommended. This protects the polished etched surface.
• A base is optional and usually not required.
• May be used for individual or companion.
LEDGERS with BEVEL MARKERS
• Similar characteristics of the Upright Monument
• Usually has one or more containers for the placement of cremated remains (cremains). Cremation urns are not used
• Most cremation memorials and benches have cored spaces in the granite where the cremains in a plastic bag are placed
• Much easier to maintain as the marker does not need to be moved for ground burials.